Throughout his over 20 year legal career, Bill has built a strong trial practice throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia. Bill focuses his litigation trial practice on personal injury representing persons injured due to the negligence of others. During this time, he has obtained millions of dollars in compensation for the injured.
In addition to his personal injury practice, Bill is an experienced and tireless criminal defense attorney. Practicing in both state and federal court, Bill has successfully defended clients charged with everything from driving under the influence to capital murder.
In other areas, Bill represents small businesses and individuals in litigation matters including construction disputes, land use, contract matters, commercial litigation matters and mineral rights.Bill has successfully argued cases before the Court of Appeals of Virginia and the Virginia Surpreme Court.
Bill is also active in his community and currently serves in the Senate of Virginia, representing the 20th District of Virginia.
• Hampden-Sydney, 1989
• District of Columbia School of Law, 1994
• Virginia State Bar, Member
• Franklin County Bar Association
• Senate of Virginia
• Hollander v. World Mission Church of Washington D.C., 255 Va. 440, 498 S.E.2d 419 (1998)
• Young Kee Kim v. Douval Corp. d/b/a Washfair, 529 S.E. 2d 92 (2000)
• Lewis v. Gupta, 54 F. Supp. 2d 611 (1999)
• Hudson v. Pittsylvania County, Virginia, 107 F. Supp 3d 524 (2015)
Bill Stanley serves on numerous state board and commissions throughout the Commonwealth covering many different issues that face Virginians daily. They include:
• Member, the Virginia Commission on Coal and Energy
• Frontier Culture Museum of Virginia, Board of Trustees
• Member (and founding legislative sponsor), Henrietta Lacks Commission
• Member, Manufacturing Development Commission
• Chairman of the Board of Directors, The New College Institute
• Vice-Chairman, The Online Virginia Network Authority
• Virginia Delegation of the Roanoke River Bi-State Commission,
• Chairman, The Senate Local Government Select Sub-Committee on Virginia School Facility Modernization
• Member, Southwest Virginia Public Education Consortium Governing Board
• Commissioner, Tobacco Region Revitalization Commission
• Member, The Virginia Housing Commission
• Member, The Virginia State Water Commission
• Member, The Western Virginia Public Education Consortium
• Member, The Wireless Communications Infrastructure Group - Joint Subcommittees of House Commerce & Labor, Senate Commerce & Labor, and Senate General Laws & Technology